Our primary mission is to provide folks a means to experience the South Sound by the water. Being on the water relaxes, at times thrills, and helps deepen our connection with ourselves and others.
In addition, our ability to support our human and ecological community is very important to us. In service to this goal, Mystic Journey’s staff have supported the following important efforts in our community and beyond:
- The SLURP festival- supporting Puget Sound Shellfish Growers
- The United Way of Thurston County
- Mark Reed Hospital to support new hospital equipment
- People for Puget Sound fund raiser focused on Puget Sound health and sustainability.
Our Wounded Soldier Cruises:
We, at Mystic Journeys, have been inspired by Michele Obama and Jill Biden’s Reach Out to Military Family effort.
Every month our crew is taking out up to 6 wounded soldiers for a Budd Inlet Cruise.
Working with the Fort Lewis / McCord base, we are identifying individuals who would enjoy time on the water with a Mystic Journeys Cruise. They have been having a great time, as have we.
If you are interested in sponsoring a soldier and their family for a cruise, contact us. The cost of cruises will be discounted by 10% to encourage participation.
You could join and get to know some of the special folks of our armed services. We will work with Fort Lewis to identify the soldiers and arrange the cruise.
During 2012, we support the following efforts:
- United Way of Thurston County
- Crisis Clinic of Thurston County
- Boys and Girls Club of Thurston County
- Evergreen State College Foundation
- McClane School Fund Raiser
- Mark Reed Hospital
- WA State Parks and Recreation
- Girls Scouts of Western WA
- City of Sammamish